VIE - French International Int'l Mobility Program

VIE PROGRAM: Information Session in Boston, MA

Julien ROUGERIE - 15-août-2012 17:03:20

Are you a French company or an American company doing business with France and located in the Boston area? Come learn about the VIE Program : a turnkey solution to you HR needs offered by the French government. A presentation of the program and a dedicated networking event will be help in Boston on September 25 th . Click here to register. Information Session on the VIE Programs Tuesday, September 25 6:00 - 8:00 PM MOITI 212 Northern Avenue, Suite #300 Boston, MA 02210 Come learn about the VIE Program : a turnkey solution to you HR needs offered by the French government which allows your company to easily recruit high-profile young professionals from Europe. It is entirely flexible and comes with many financial advantages which explains why the program has been so successful since its inception: there are currently more than 7,200 VIEs working for more than 1,700 companies worldwide. A representative from UBIFRANCE will present the VIE program, along with testimonials from local managers currently hosting VIEs in their companies. A representative from FACCNY will also present the FACC’s J1 visa sponsorship program . This will be a great opportunity to learn more about hosting international trainees or interns, and to learn about how the FACCNE can assist you in the process! This is a FREE event! Please register online by September 21

V.I.E Program - Key figures March 2012

Julien Rougerie - 12-avr.-2012 22:21:35

There are currently 7 200 V.I.Es on assignment working for 1 725 companies worldwide! The U.S. is the #1 destination for V.I.Es with 700 of them currently working in some 245 companies. As a reminder, the VIE program was created by the French government to support the activity of French companies and their partners abroad while offering young professionals an opportunity to benefit from an international experience. Since its inception in 2000, the VIE program has been widely used by companies with French ties as a form of HR support, as well as an affordable alternative to expatriation. Another reason why the program is so successful is because it is simple to implement and it is flexible, since there are no contractual links between the intern and the contracting company. Ubifrance has a database of more than 90 000 resumes submitted by young graduates willing to help you grow your business internationally. Ninety per cent of these candidates have at least 5 years of higher education under their belt, with a large part of them having studied at top business and engineering schools and universities around the world. Our team here at Ubifrance can assist you in finding the right match for your company. To recruit a V.I.E. in the U.S and benefit from this program please contact: infovieusa@ubifrance.fr

UBIFRANCE V.I.E Program: TREETOP QUEST opens its first adventure park in the U.S. thanks to a V.I.E!

V.I.E Program Advisor - 02-nov.-2011 16:56:23

Interview with Antoine Buliard V.I.E - U.S. Business Development Treetop Quest (Altiplano Group) Treetop Quest has opened its first adventure park in Georgia in September 2011. Antoine Buliard was recruited as a V.I.E candidate to participate in the development of the project. He explains to us how he managed to open the new park in less than one year. 1. Tell us about yourself and your background As an outdoor sport enthusiast, I grew up passionate about rock climbing, mountain biking, and skiing. Naturally I pursued a career in sports and athletics, earning my BA in Sports Management in Lyon. After interning with Altiplano Group in France, I was hired as the Technical Manager. Serving as Park Manager for two years, I worked on constructing and developing several treetop adventure courses across France. I moved to Atlanta a year ago to help create the Treetop Quest subsidiary and implement this activity in the U.S. For me, it has been a real professional challenge and a pleasure to discover a new culture. 2. Present Altiplano and Treetop Quest Inc.’s field of activity Altiplano: one Company, three expertises Altiplano is a French based holding company specializing in conceptualizing and developing tourism and recreational facilities. Divided into three subsidiaries (travel tours, adventure courses, and urban recreation), Altiplano directly manages the engineering and development of its facilities. Altiplano seeks to bring innovative outdoor tourism and recreational experiences to new corners of the world. Altiplano operates 5 adventure parks across France. About Treetop Quest Inc. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Treetop Quest Inc. is the subsidiary of Altiplano. As one of the most unique family-friendly adventure courses in Georgia, Treetop Quest integrates educational quizzes, instructional tour guides, and environmental stewardship into a thrilling canopy tour reaching heights up to 55 feet, and zip lines stretching more than 200 feet. The series of platforms, zip lines, monkey bridges, and Tarzan swings are constructed from untreated wood, without drilling or puncturing any tree trunks. Treetop Quest provides innovative, engaging recreation for all ages, while promoting ecological responsibility and awareness. 3. Describe your V.I.E mission at Treetop Quest When I arrived in the United States in October 2010, my company was not yet established in the country. The U.S. was a ‘virgin island’ for Altiplano as we had very limited knowledge of the U.S. market. The first step was to conduct a market study by analyzing competitors, customer needs, etc. to assess implementation possibilities. Then, we analyzed U.S. standards and legislation regarding our sector of activity. We finally decided to implement an adventure park in Georgia. As a result, we had to manage the administrative tasks to create the subsidiary, and of course find a partner and land to build the activity. From day one, I received the support of ERAI (Entreprise Rhône-Alpes International) that provided me with its local expertise and know how. 4. Now that the park has opened in Georgia, what are your future plans? Now, my goal is to support the park manager for the beginning of operations. I will also continue developing Treetop quest Inc. in the USA by prospecting and finding other places to implement future adventure parks.   For more information about Treetop Quest, Altiplano Group or ERAI: www.treetopquest.com www.altiplano-formation.fr www.erai.org For further information on the V.I.E Program, please contact us: infovieusa@ubifrance.fr

Join UBIFRANCE and the FACC for a U.S. Immigration and V.I.E Program Seminar in Washington, DC on November 9, 2011

V.I.E Program Advisor - 28-oct.-2011 23:15:03

Are you interested in optimizing your company’s performance by recruiting international talent in the United States? Please join UBIFRANCE and the French American Chamber of Commerce (FACC) in Washington, DC for a U.S. work visas and immigration conference on Wednesday, November 9, 2011. The panel discussion will be followed by a networking cocktail reception. The conference will include the following speakers: Jan Pederson, Founder & Senior Partner at Pederson Immigration Law Group P.C. will discuss temporary employment visa categories available to new hires and international transferees to be employed in the U.S., including H, L, and E visa categories, as well as the green card.  Christopher Gallagher, Managing Director of the FACC in New York , will discuss the latest developments in the J-1 Visa, a non-immigrant visa issued by the United States to visitors participating in programs that promote work-based cultural exchange. Vincent Posnic, V.I.E Program Advisor at UBIFRANCE USA , will provide pointers on how to run a successful V.I.E Program. You will have the opportunity to meet with a V.I.E candidate currently on assignment in the Washington, DC area. Eliot Norman, Partner at Williams Mullen , will serve as moderator for the panel discussion. He has focused his practice on immigration law and advising on inbound U.S. investment projects from Europe and Asia since 1986. Save the date now! When: Wednesday November 9, 2011 from 5:30 PM to 7:45 PM EST Where: The Jefferson 1200 16th Street, N.W. (Corner of 16th and M Streets) Washington, DC 20036 Add to my calendar Registration: Space is limited, be sure to register early . Please click here for further information.

Great success for the 12th annual UBIFRANCE V.I.E Program forum in France

V.I.E Program Advisor - 27-oct.-2011 20:44:36

The 12th annual UBIFRANCE V.I.E Program forum took place in Paris on October 12th, 2011. The forum provided 1,900 candidates seeking an experience abroad the opportunity to meet with over 40 participating companies.   The V.I.E Program forum enables companies to identify and recruit high level candidates from diverse backgrounds for a V.I.E assignment within their subsidiaries or commercial partners abroad. This year, companies were offering 931 open V.I.E positions to forum candidates.   Renowned companies attended the V.I.E Program forum such as: Alcatel, Alstom, Altran, Arcelomittal, Areva, BNP Paribas, Bouygues construction, CMA CGM, Coface, Crédit Agricole, Dexia, EADS, Essilor international, Faurecia, GDF Suez, Gide Loyrette Nouel, L’Oréal, LVMH, Natixis, Nissan, Orange, Pernod Ricard, Pierre Fabre, Plastic Omnium, Rio Tinto, Sagemcom, Sanofi, Schneider Electric, Société Générale, Thalès, Total, Valéo, Vallourec, Veolia Environnement, Vinci.   A large number of companies have incorporated the V.I.E Program into their international human resources strategy. It is an excellent opportunity to identity international talent for building the global management teams of the future. The United States is the number one host country with approximately 700 V.I.E candidates on assignment in over 220 companies .   For further information on the V.I.E Program, please contact us: infovieusa@ubifrance.fr

UBIFRANCE V.I.E Program: What companies are saying – ORANGE BUSINESS SERVICES

V.I.E Program Advisor - 14-sept.-2011 16:23:30

Orange is part of the France Telecom Group which is one of the worlds leading telecommunications operators. Orange has a staff of over 1,450 associates in North America with 15 local offices in the U.S. The company has been using the V.I.E Program for many years.     Interview with Salim Bendris VP, Sales & Marketing Orange Business Services New York, NY   Why do you use the V.I.E Program? The V.I.E Program provides young graduates with the opportunity to immerse themselves in the business world and enables Orange to get a different perspective and approach to the challenges from these young graduates. • Academic learning - the V.I.E can apply knowledge learned in the classroom to the work environment at Orange. • Skills - Orange benefits from the skills of highly motivated, young, energetic individuals. • Career development - the V.I.E gains knowledge and learns duties of a position and can explore his/her interest in a particular area of Orange’s business. • Talent - builds a talent pool for future workforce requirements for the company and industry. It appeals to strongly motivated recent graduates who often have some work experience or wish to take a year off from college.   What are the main benefits of the V.I.E Program for Orange, compared to a regular intern? This program is mutually beneficial to both the V.I.E and Orange. The V.I.E brings an energy and a thirst to learn new things as well as an international flavor which is a key component for our global business.   Are you satisfied with the result of the V.I.E assignments? Do V.I.Es generally perform above expectations? I am totally satisfied with the results of the V.I.E assignments. They have performed above my expectations. They are committed to learning, and are enthusiastic and passionate about their work.     For further information on the V.I.E Program, please contact us: infovieusa@ubifrance.fr

UBIFRANCE V.I.E Program: What candidates are saying – ORANGE GROUP

V.I.E Program Advisor - 13-sept.-2011 18:24:35

Interview with Martin Strub Hidalgo V.I.E, Marketing Department Orange Group New York, NY     Tell us about yourself and your background I am a dual French-Spanish citizen, and I speak English fluently. I studied International Affairs in Bordeaux and then specialized in Strategic Marketing when I attended Lund University in Sweden through a European exchange program. In 2010, I graduated from ESCP Europe with a Master’s degree in European Business. I completed two internships: one at Orange in France as a marketing assistant and a second one in Atfis (consulting in strategy and financial operations) as a strategy consultant.   What do you do at Orange? Describe your V.I.E mission As a V.I.E in the Marketing Department, I report on the latest trends and best practices in Web, Mobile and Media in the United States. The country is two years ahead in these markets, so I conduct accurate analysis and I liaise with Orange Audience and Advertising teams in Paris to provide them with reports and benchmarks.   Why did you decide to apply for a V.I.E? The V.I.E Program offers an excellent opportunity to acquire professional experience abroad. The V.I.E status offers great benefits such as comprehensive medical insurance. The assignment interested me because it focused on new trends in one of the most innovative countries in the world. It was a unique opportunity for a young professional. I wish the V.I.E assignment could last longer!   Where did you hear about this position? Was the selection process difficult? I found the job description online at www.civiweb.com ( the UBIFRANCE website dedicated to V.I.E candidates ). Applying for a V.I.E assignment in the U.S. is never easy, especially in New York which is a popular location. Orange received many resumes for this position. Once my resume was selected for an interview, I knew that I was competing against really qualified candidates. That is why I did my best to show the added value I could bring to this position.   What are the main benefits of doing a V.I.E assignment instead of a regular internship? I guess it depends on the country, but here in New York all the V.I.Es I know have a master’s degree and have completed at least two internships before starting their assignment. The V.I.E Program offers a great opportunity for professional growth: candidates can deal with strategic issues and interact with clients directly. I deal with strategic matters and provide information to corporate executives, which was not the case in my previous internships.   Are you involved in any other activities in New York? In France, I played handball at a semi-professional level. Luckily, I found the New York City Handball Team when I arrived. Out of the 14 players, we represent 11 different nationalities. At the beginning, communication was a bit tricky but we built a great team after a few months since we are all experienced players. We won several games and qualified for the U.S. nationals in Salt Lake City last May. After a 3 day tournament, we won the final against Chicago and became the U.S. champion! It was totally unexpected when I arrived to New York! I really enjoyed the team spirit and will remember this great human experience. Two V.I.Es are playing in the New York City Team Handball club who won the 2011 U.S. National Championship against Chicago, in May.   Congratulations!     For further information on the V.I.E Program, please contact us: infovieusa@ubifrance.fr