Precursor and leading player in ELV recycling:
With >100.000 end of life vehicles collected and treated in 2016 and more than 30 years experience devoted to ELVs managing and distributing in France, INDRA has forged its position as
the leading company and forerunner in the vehicle recycling sector.
In 2008, in a world first, three complementary companies - INDRA, SITA, specialists in global management and waste recycling and RENAULT, car manufacturer particularly focused on environmental issues - pooled their respective expertise and resources to guarantee the success of an industry undergoing extensive change.
INDRA offers a complete service on a global scale, granting it leadership status:
• R&D during the preliminary stages and the development
of corporate software dedicated to vehicle recycling forming the Re-Source Engineering Solutions arm of the company;
• management and distribution of ELVs;
• recovering and recycling in its own dismantling units or one of 350 ELV authorised treatment facilities.
• spare part resale through a sophisticated web Platform called PRECIS.
Re-source Engineering Solutions - INDRA Engineering department - designs continuously new tools and process in order to improve and facilitate the dismantling and recycling operations, and help the existing cars dismantlers to reach the European targets.
Recycling 95% of the mass of ELVs by 2015 to meet regulatory objectives makes targeted recycling even more essential, along with the need to work towards building a responsible and effective industry, working in partnership with the secondary raw materials sector.
Re-Source Engineering Solutions is developing its activity around four major remits:
- R&D and methodology : INDRA is developing a global innovation and R&D think tank. With this in mind, the Re- Source Engineering Solutions branch of the company wishes to be a significant contributor in vehicle eco-design. It carries out inventories, sets up databases and analyses recycling channels for ELV materials (steel works and related vehicle
industries). It is also involved in collaborative projects such as VALVER (glass recycling), VALTEX (recycling textiles and foam), and PAREO (recycling engineering plastics and
polyamides, REVERPLAST (PMMA).
- Turnkey solutions : Re-Source Engineering Solutions ensures the research, development, industrialisation and commercialisation of innovative solutions, machinery and ELV depollution, dismantling and recycling processes. In partnership with SEDA, globally acclaimed company and specialists in depollution and dismantling systems, it distributes equipment and tools and provides engineering solutions for the sale of turnkey recycling factories.
Re-source is involved in a collboartrive project called ROBOMATE to develop an exoskelet able to improve dismantling working conditions
- Information and training : Re-Source Engineering Solutions offers a catalogue of training initiatives aimed at ELV sector professionals, including regulations, depollution,
dismantling, sorting materials and safety. It also provides action learning relating to eco-friendly design for the recycling industry, targeting the vehicle spare parts industry
and vehicle manufacturers.
- IT solutions : Re-Source Engineering Solutions provides ELV centres with a dedicated software suite, designed to meet their every need and guarantee traceability throughout
the chain, from the administrative management of vehicles to evaluating demand, dismantling, and the technical identification of reusable parts intended for resale (PRECIS: reused parts web platform developped with SIDEXA in France).