The K-Plan company, member of the Rhône-Alpin competitiveness cluster Lyonbiopole, has developed an ultramobile deployable laboratory, the "K-LMP Lab". Developed in collaboration with the research center UMR-MD3, the K-LMP Lab has been widely tested in different applications in bacteriology, virology and parasitology.
The main characteristics of the K-LMP Lab are:
- transportable by all standard transport (road, air, sea),
- deployable within 30 minutes on site by two people and without tools,
- completely autonomous,
- elaborated to provide quality results identical to those of reference laboratories,
- unique and patented.
It includes a set of devices that allow:
- to work under sterile conditions (handling / cultures),
- to manage culture data (Incubator with O2, CO2 / monitoring of temperature),
- to back up all the data of culture conditions,
- to quantify the growth of micro-organisms (Elisa),
- to perform serological studies (Elisa),
- to achieve the identification of pathogens / the study of resistance to drugs (Biochemical tests miniaturized - Elisa – Real Time PCR - Reverse Transcriptase PCR)
The K-LMP Lab is an open and modular system, K-PLAN can examine solutions adapted to your needs, and, with our biologist team, study the transfer of some of your techniques in field methods.
The K-LMP Lab allows a rapid preventive intervention in emergency situation in an area at risk (natural disasters, floods, earthquake, etc.) to detect, prevent any epidemic or pandemic diseases, to assess patients at risk and to respond immediately (simplicity of transport) with the necessary equipment and reduced cost.
An optional haematological module may supplement it. This module allows you to perform blood count and essential biochemical techniques. It permits to obtain a better diagnosis near the patient which allows for immediate clinical management decisions. It can be considered as an elaborate Point of care testing (POCT) or bedsite lab.
The K-LMP Lab is an add-important "Field Hospital".