Maillon Rapide Péguet: the clever connection
How it all started
Péguet is the specialist manufacturer of the famous Maillon Rapide® quick links, to use for any permanent connection in addition to conventional karabiners.
Originally back in 1941, few products were available during World War II in east-central France. Also, mechanisation was still on the way. In agriculture, traction chain breaks due to scarcity & poor quality of the materials were frequent. Mr Péguet, dealing a car repairing workshop, soon understood the clever options suggested through this simple & efficient connector.
A solution for quick repairing of any connection was born.
A Maillon Rapide quick link can be described as a mechanical connector composed of a rod and a nut. This specific device includes several shape, sizes and materials aimed at a simple and reliable connection.
Over the years, the product range was extended to several markets, thanks to the addition of certified working load ratings for specific use.
Apart from agriculture, Maillon Rapide® meet several application:
aeronautics, architecture, stage equipment, industrial supplies, sailing, parachuting & paragliding, professional fishing, tramways facilities, climbing.
How about PPE
A specific line for permanent or semi-permanent connection in PPE (personal protective equipment) is dedicated to industrial equipment: fall arrest system, rope access, work positioning, work restraint.
Particular use in connecting harness, lanyards, securing permanent elements (anchors, lifelines).
zinc plated steel
stainless steel: AISI 316L austenitic zicral, aluminium alloy
Useful to consider
- Keep to the breaking load in kN on the major axis – PPE rated items
- Visual check about complete nut screwing is compulsory – no thread must be
- Maillon Rapide quick links are only to be loaded along the major axis.
- Maillon Rapide quick links should be carefully checked at regular intervals. If you are
in any doubt about the safety of a quick links after having checked it, replace it with a
- When fastened with a wrench up to the proper tightening torque, Maillon Rapide
quick links are considered a permanent connector.
- Maillon Rapide quick links should always be fitted with parts made of same material.
- When connected with chain, Maillon Rapide quick links should be of the same
- Never connect any Maillon Rapide quick links onto a lifting chain.
More information on www.peguet.fr