Artelia is an independent engineering, project management and consulting group that was born when Sogreah (founded in 1955) and Coteba (founded in 1961) joined together in March 2010.
The group provides services to private clients (industries, developers, investors, contractors, banks, insurance companies, etc.) as well as to public clients (ministries, local authorities, public bodies, international funding agencies, etc.) in the following nine markets: building construction, water, energy, environment, industry, maritime, multi-site projects, transportation and urban development.
The structure of Artelia has been designed to conduct efficient management of major projects, to provide relevant answers to highly technical questions, and, at the same time, to deliver quality services to its clients at local level. The group is engaged in a proactive research and innovation policy.
Artelia has a regional network of 35 offices in France and an international network of more than 50 subsidiaries and branch offices in more than 40 countries. In 2010, the group’s consolidated turnover amounted to more than €317 million, and it had a permanent staff of more than 2,800 employees. The share of turnover related to international business is in excess of 30%; it includes exported services from teams based in France and operations directly managed by international subsidiaries. The group, whose profitability has always been good, is continuously expanding.
Artelia pursues and implements an ambitious policy in terms of sustainable development, ethics and corporate social responsibility, both in terms of its own corporate behaviour and in the way it conducts its project assignments.
The group’s capital is held entirely by more than 400 managers and by 1,200 staff members via an employee shareholding plan.
Artelia applies extremely rigorous procedures in terms of quality, health & safety and risk management.
Since 2 January 2012, the group has a new legal structure consisting of a holding company (Artelia SAS) and four wholly-owned operational subsidiaries delivering services on their respective markets:
- Artelia Bâtiment & Industrie (Buildings & Industrial Facilities)
- Artelia Eau & Environnement (Water & Environment)
- Artelia Ville & Transport (Urban Development & Transportation)
- Artelia International (network of international subsidiaries and branch offices).
Artelia provides consultancy services in the following fields:
1. Water and the environment: Drinking water, sanitation, water and sewage treatment – Solid wastes management - River, estuary and coastal development and environment - Irrigation and drainage -Natural resources management - Soil decontamination, industrial audits - Statutory and environmental impact studies.
2. Energy and Electrical systems: Hydroelectricity - Thermal and alternative energy sources - Planning of electrical systems - Transmission and distribution - Communication/multimedia networks - Electrical equipment and centralised management - Process automation, remote management.
3. Infrastructure works: Dams, reservoirs and hill lakes - Tunnels and subsurface networks – Ports and specialised terminals, marinas - Canals and locks, hydraulic installations – Transport infrastructure.
4. Urban and regional Development: Regional planning, regional and industrial development - Tourist, sports and leisure development schemes - Roads and utility networks, infrastructure rehabilitation - City centre development, management of traffic flows, public lighting and road signs - Rehabilitation of sites, quarries and industrial waste land - Integrated regional management.